Delivery Driver / Warehouse Technician
This position is responsible for the delivery, set-up, and equipment training of respiratory equipment and other DME equipment and supplies to home care customers and healthcare facilities. This position is also responsible for oxygen related equipment maintenance, cleaning, testing, coordinating repairs, vehicle and warehouse compliance with respiratory related processes.
- Efficiently organize delivery route on a daily basis.
- Delivers and sets up equipment and instructs patients/caregivers on the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Works with patient/caregivers to solve a variety of problems, thereby acting as a company field representative.
- Protects patient PHI per HIPAA regulations.
- Cleans, disinfects, tests and calibrates equipment in accordance with company procedures and manufacturer guidelines, where applicable.
- Coordinates and maintains record of the repair of oxygen related equipment with company authorized repair center.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including the checking of gasoline, oil fluids, tire pressure and brakes. Reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Position will participate in after-hours & weekend on-call rotation for home oxygen services Responds to emergency delivery calls as needed and on a pre-determined, on-call basis.
- Plans and carries out work assignments following company policies, regulatory requirements, Joint Commission, directives, or other instructions as required.
- Contributes expertise to develop medical maintenance standard operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least one-year related work experience is required.
- Valid driver license maintained at all times with no restrictions
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires continuous use of arms, wrists and hands. Frequent bending, twisting, grasping and squeezing. Occasional kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.